What is Umbrella Insurance? Let’s first begin by defining what umbrella insurance is NOT.
Umbrella Insurance is not:
- A policy that protects the insured from a water or rain event, or,
- A policy that replaces a lost or damaged Umbrella
Umbrella insurance provides additional coverage beyond the limits of the insurance policies currently maintained. It is a smart choice for those who wish to fully protect themselves.
Umbrella Insurance for Federal Employees
As a federal employee, one can opt for an Umbrella Insurance policy. These specific insurance policies are available in and around the Frederick, MD area by the professionals at Lebherz Insurance.
An ‘insured’, in accordance with the federal government’s somewhat broad definition, includes
- Children at college
- Military service members and
- Domestic partners
Facts Regarding Umbrella Insurance for Federal Employees
- A Federal Employee’s Umbrella Liability Insurance includes the cost to defend the insured.
- There are some policies that offer an optional coverage (up to $1 million) that protects against a federal employee against Uninsured (UM) /Underinsured motorists (UIM).
- UIM insurance provides bodily injury protection should you be harmed in an automobile accident where the other is legally responsible but had:
- NO liability insurance
- Failed to post a bond.
- The coverage also provides protection if you are injured as a result of a hit-and-run accident. Additional benefits include:
- Coverage for another driver, if, they have your permission and the underlying policy provisions find this acceptable.
- Coverage for injury to domestic employees as long as the underlying insurance policy applies.
- Coverage for Directors & Officers of any not-for-profit organization as long as the underlying insurance policy applies.
Visit our Lebherz Insurance’s easy-to-use website for many useful tips and industry insight. Or give contact us by email. Remember, Lebherz Insurance serves the Frederick, MD area.